12.15.2008

Water makes it fun! 洗碗樂

One day, a few months ago, I randomly asked Virginia what I was doing. To my surprise, she quickly replied "xi wan"(washing the dishes in Mandarin). I really couldn't recall when I taught her how to say that. Since she's turned one, she has been surprising us with new words each day. I don't remember when was the first time she expressed her interest to join me washing the dishes for the first time. I am glad I didn't reject her that time and instead, took the opportunity to teach her some more kitchen words and how to wash the dishes. Now I pretty much expect her to come to help whenever I begin washing the dishes. It actually was a little annoying sometimes but I tried to calm down and enjoy the moment. I know the main reason she loves to wash the dishes is not just because she loves to help, but because she loves to play with water, and so this to her is something fun to do. That's it! If the kids can find joy out of housework without feeling such a burden, then we can have more peace and laughter at home instead of nagging and commanding. But, here also comes a problem which is that she wants to wash the dishes forever and it definitely tests my patience. I guess I just need to come up with some creative ways to stop her from putting all the just-washed-dishes back to wash again. It's better to test my wisdom than to test my patience after all.



前幾個月前的某天,正在洗碗的我隨口問藹伶說:「媽咪在做什麼啊?」當時並沒有預期會獲得回應的我,竟然聽到藹伶熟練地說:「洗碗啊!」,好像她常說此話,但那可是我第一次聽到她這樣說啊 :D 。自從藹伶滿周歲後,幾乎每天她的口裡都會冒出新的詞語,在在讓我們驚奇。
  
已不記得何時藹伶第一次表示她想加入我洗碗的行列,但我很高興當時的我沒有拒絕她,並趁機教她洗碗、教她幾個廚房用詞,像是”菜瓜布”、”洗碗精”等,如今,差不多每次洗碗都可以料想藹伶小小的身驅推動著大大的餐桌椅(影片中則例外的是她的小凳子)來加入洗碗的工作,坦白說,有時確實覺得很煩,拖累我的效率,但每每總試著平靜下來好好享受當下。
  
藹伶之所以愛洗碗,主因當然不是因為她喜歡幫忙囉,而是有機會可以玩水,所以這檔差事對她而言便成為樂事一椿。而這亦是關鍵所在吧!若孩子們能從繁瑣的家事中找到樂趣,不視其為重擔,那麼家中便可少些吼叫、命令,多些和平及歡笑吧。希望孩子將來真的能夠願意分擔家事並能負責好份內之事。
  
然而伴隨而來的問題便是藹伶想要一直洗一直洗,這就真的是考驗我的耐性了!!我想我得多花點心思來幫助她停止將剛洗好的碗再放回碗槽中重洗,畢竟考驗我的智慧總比考驗我的耐心要來得好囉!

6 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

You deserve a medal for patience! I noticed you re-washing everything after cute Virginia helped you. :)

Carey Johnson said...

Amber, I am going to make my blog private. If you are interested in viewing it please send me your email address. Mine is careyjohnson321@gmail.com

Ha-Ja-Ta said...

What a fun time with her.....:p

Margaret said...

Virginia is adorable! I hope you all had a great Christmas and new years!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! you guys are adorable, your video and blog entry put a smile on my face. What a sweet and cool mom you are, Virginia is precious! I'm going to kee reading your blog, I love it!

Jerin said...

Hm... great idea. I wonder why we never thought of having Taisei help with the dishes. As usual, she is being such a cutie!