12.15.2008

Going snow sledding on the grass 在草上滑雪


Last month when it began to snow, after class, Charles took Virginia to go sledding for the first time. At that time I was not able to overcome my fear and hatred of being in the cold, so I ended up missing Virginia's first sledding experience. Two days later, it was a sunny and bright day, I thought it was the perfect time to go sledding and playing in the snow for Virginia... or for me to be part of this kind of activity :) . So we went to Sugar House Park and thank goodness, there was a little bit snow left. I can say that we had so much fun that day regardless of people who couldn't help to look at us sledding in the grass... We were really impressed with Virginia that she could enjoy that so much without any fear. I tried once sledding for the first time, even though that I went down really slow, but it still scared me to death because the sled was so out of control.

上個月某天降了大雪,慕義抓住機會下了課便帶藹伶去坐滑雪板滑雪,而這是藹伶生平的第一次。那天我實在難以克服我對寒冷的恐懼及厭惡,只好硬生生地錯過藹伶第一次玩雪的經驗。過了兩天,是個美麗晴朗的日子,我心想這真是個出遊玩雪的好日子啊! 真感謝慕義的仁慈,同意了我的提議。我們去附近的Sugar House公園裡熱門的滑雪小丘,既然是熱門的玩雪場景,在一個冬陽高掛,冰雪盡融的近午時分,自然沒什麼人,而我們竟是唯三在小丘上的人,不過還好地上還有些殘雪,勉強還可以玩,我們玩得很開心,也顧不得旁人側目的眼光了 :) 。我們也很訝異藹伶玩得這麼開心,一點都不畏懼,我試了一次,雖然速度不快,但整個滑雪板完全失控,真是把我嚇得半死啊......。

5 comments:

Carey Johnson said...

How fun! I can't believe how good the sled went down the grass.

Anonymous said...

Virginia seems to like it! What a cute laugh.

Anonymous said...

What a good girl!

Jerin said...

Very cute! She takes her bunny with her everywhere, huh?

Nicole said...

Wow, Virginia is such a brave little girl! Sledding can go pretty fast, but she didn't seem scared at all! I love her cute giggles and laughs! We took Rainny sledding in Logan and I think she kinda liked it the first time, but after the second and third time, she just didn't want to get on the sled anymore...but she loves walking up and down the snowy slope...weird huh? hahaha... : )