11.14.2008

A letter to future Virginia 給未來藹伶的一封信

Dear Virginia(when you are old enough to read this..) :
We love you and hope you know and feel that without any doubt. Here we want to show you a few pictures just in case you don't believe what we told you about how you could eat almost a whole piece of Costco's pizza when you were just two years old. We hope you enjoy those photos as much as we do. Even though your dad and I are beginning to worry about the money we may spend just on food in the future for you :) , especially if you are blessed to have other siblings who also can eat the way you do. We will just happily accept the fact. We hope you are grateful for everything you are given too and hope that you will grow up to be a giving person.


”Dig in!”
"開動囉!"

"Eating a slice of pizza bigger than my face? That not a "piece of cake", that's a "PIECE OF PIZZA!”"
"要解決這片比我臉還大的Pizza,難不倒我"

”I am still eating.”
"我還在吃喔"

"Thank you mom for sharing your hot dog with me!"
"老媽,謝謝妳的熱狗”
”Amber sighs.....” "怡文嘆氣..."

"Keep going! I can do it!"
"繼續努力,我做得到!"

"I'm a little tired, but so what! I can still eat!"
"吃到有點累了,但又怎樣?我還是可以吃!"

"My mouth is getting sore."
"嘴巴開始有點痠軟了..."

"Let me keep trying!"
"讓我繼續試..."

"Ok, I think I should stop."
"我想我該停了..."

親愛的未來的藹伶
我們愛妳並希望妳知道和感受到我們對妳的愛。我們想給妳看幾張照片,假若妳不相信我們說關於妳兩歲的時候便可吃下幾乎一整片的好事家的Pizza, 在此有照片為證。希望妳能像我們一樣喜愛這些照片。雖然妳爹和我開始擔心以後可能要花很多錢在食物上,特別是要是妳有幸有其他的兄弟姊妹,而他們也和妳一樣會吃的話,不過我們會很欣然地接受這事實並更加努力地來提供你們的所需。我們希望妳能感謝妳所獲得的東西,並成為一個樂於與人分享的女孩。

8 comments:

Cristen said...

That is hilarious. I love that she almost ate the whole piece. By next month, she'll down the whole thing! We just paid for Luke to have his own food at a restaurant for the first time. That was hard. They do start costing money!

Ha-Ja-Ta said...

I love kids whenever they eat the food. Mai and Haru now can eat one bento by themselves. We also need to spend more $$$ on their food. However, they both grow up so fast that I really miss the time when they are only drinking milk from my body.
You are such great mommy. Good job!

Carey Johnson said...

Now that girl can eat. Must have been good pizza!

Da said...

Wow impressive!! Yes Virginia eat more, tell them you're growing and that when you get real big and tall and eat more you will be able to help more people with more strength. And tell your parents that you want at least 3 more siblings so they can fully take advantage of the Costco membership and their whole pizzas because they are good, yummy, delicious, and cheap!

Nicole said...

Virginia is such a big eater! I wish Rainny could eat a little bit more...*sigh* I guess that's how parents are: You worry if your kids are eating too much, but if they aren't eating enough, you start to worry,too...isn't it funny? heehee... : )

SYNK said...

Holy crap! We get excited when Natalie eats one full slice of Little Caesars!

Amber(怡文) said...

Oh yeah! It's not cool to start paying for kid's food at the restaurant. It's comforting though to know that Virginia makes the money worthwhile. 4 kids? Definitely think about it! :)

Jerin said...

Ha! Somehow, I'm not surprised by her ability here. But it really is amusing! I bet she'll always be able to out-eat all the boys and still be a cute and skinny girl. I wish our boy could concentrate on food the way your girl does it! We should meet at Chuck-a-rama (where it's free for our kids) and eat together sometime!